Sunday, July 15, 2007

My mini-library

Since that rather large TV is gone and all the electronics have been packed away for storage, I decide d to convert my living room to a mini-library. I have 1 large bookshelf and 3 small bookshelves that I brought into my living room. I stacked 2 of the shelves on top of each other so they are the same height as the tall one. The other small one is in the middle. So now I have 1 wall designated as the library. My chaise is in a corner so it looks nice and cozy. As I carried box after box down the stairs, I realized that I don't need all theses books. The decluttering began. I went through them all. I managed to get 3 big boxes that I will be taking to the book store to sell. Whatever they don't want, I plan on donating to the library.

I will post pics as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Gavi said...

Ooooh!!! That sounds so heavenly!! I wish I could convince DH to do something like this. I've got books stuffed all over the place and I'd love to have a nice area to arrange them and make it pretty and comfy.

Thanks for the inspiration! I'm going to be focusing on making this goal happen!